Gauss is reported to have commented that if this formula was not immediately apparent to a student on being told it, the student would never be a first-class mathematician.
“It is absolutely paradoxical; we cannot understand it, and we don’t know what it means, but we have proved it, and therefore we know it must be the truth.” – Benjamin Pierce
This video has completely blown my mind.
Just when I was not aware that such cheesiness was within the realm of possibility, I was going to get a tattoo of this formula… but then I realized, I was about to get a tattoo.
Related Posts: On this day...
- GoDaddy not only helped write #SOPA they are also exempt from it. Scumbags. - 2011
- Is reading your wife's e-mail a crime? - 2010
- Original blueprints of the Eiffel Tower - 2009
- Time to Reboot America - 2008
- Before you put any money in those little red kettles, make sure you aren't opposed to the positions of The Salvation Army - 2008
- WARNING: Do NOT calculate Pi in binary - 2007