Even with strike over, Heroes seems grounded until next season.
February 11, 2008 – While the strike looks just about over, Heroes fans shouldn’t expect new episodes in the immediate future. The news filtering out seems to confirm that the NBC superhero hit won’t be back until this fall, despite writers almost certainly going back to work this week.
The reason for the delay seems centered around issues unique to Heroes from both a production and structural standpoint. Heroes creator Tim Kring told ew.com last week that he felt that they could probably only finish three more epsidoes of the series if they attempted to film more to air by the end of this TV season in May.
Heroes is formatted in large story arcs, the next of which is called “Villians.” Doing just three more episodes this season would mean either making that story much shorter than intended, or making the audience wait several months for the story to conclude in the fall. Says Kring to ew.com, “With a show like Heroes that’s so strongly serialized, and given what we wanted to accomplish with the new storyline, to come back with just three episodes could be creatively dangerous.”
An additional report on AintitCoolNews comes from Berlin, saying that Heroes star Hayden Panettiere is also confirming that there won’t be anymore Heroes episodes this season. However, she says the new season will begin shooting in April, which is extremely early for fall TV episodes. Heroes actually went back into production earlier than most shows last summer too, in June, and with the strike having put the entire schedule in disarray, the April production start could simply be an attempt to ramp up for Season 3 as quickly as possible.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Ron Paul wants to expropriate RonPaul.com from his supporters without compensation - 2013
- John Wayne Gacy had a helper? - 2012
- Google bets $20K that Chrome can't be hacked - 2011
- Fedora Rawhide Quickly Switching To Fedora 14 - 2010
- Mozilla retracts malware accusation against Firefox Addon - 2010
- Russian botnet tries to kill rival botnet - 2010
- MIME sniffing in Internet Explorer enables cross-site scripting attacks - 2009
- HOWTO: Write a Linux virus in five easy steps - 2009
- Local root exploit in kernels 2.6.17 to 188.8.131.52 - 2008
- Netflix picks Blu-ray, good luck renting an HD-DVD soon - 2008