An old friend emailed me over the weekend and asked for some help reducing the size of a MP3 file so he could load it on his wireless phone. Seems he wanted the ringer to sound like a sheep when one certain person called (don’t ask), but the MP3 he found was too big for the phone to accept.
I did a little research and found a cool little utility called FreeRIP that will convert between .WAV, .MP3 and .OGG formats with ease. You can also convert a MP3 file to the same format, but with a different bit-rate, which allowed my friend to reduce the file size as needed, and duly embarrass his friend in public.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Mortal Kombat Cosplay - 2011
- Top Gear Jeremy Drives a Reliant Robin - 2010
- Neon Elmhurst Hospital sign burns out appropriately - 2009
- The Dark Knight on its way to become the most pirated movie of 2008 - 2008
- Linux "Game System of Tomorrow" Ships in Two Weeks - 2008
- Linus Torvalds’ old company Transmeta acquired - 2008
- Boston College Will Stop Offering New Students E-Mail Accounts - 2008
- XSS Cheat Sheet - 2007
- You're Not Attractive - 2007