Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer’s celebrated free-agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision at 9 p.m. ET Thursday during a one-hour special on ESPN.
Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday afternoon, according to the source, and continue to lobby James, along with Heat president Pat Riley, to join them in Miami, despite the financial complexities involved for the Heat to make room for all three.
Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league’s collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players’ salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until Thursday.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Google+ is Awesome. Facebook Maimed, Twitter Mortally Wounded? - 2011
- So Long HDMI: New Standard for A/V Uses Ethernet Cables - 2010
- Reverse-engineering SSNs from publicly available data - 2009
- Haystack, an anti-censorship tool specifically for users in Iran, to launch soon - 2009
- Prevent brute force attacks on SSH servers with DenyHosts - 2009
- Chinese bloggers evade censors by writing backwards - 2008