The MySQL community, who create, maintain and support the leading free SQL database — are raising funds for Andrii Nikitin, a MySQL support engineer in Ukraine whose little boy, Ivan, needs a $400,000 bone-barrow transplant.
“My family got bad news – doctors said allogenic bone marrow transplantation is the only chance for my son Ivan.”8 months of heavy and expensive immune suppression brought some positive results so we hoped that recovering is just question of time.
“Ivan is very brave boy – not every human meets so much suffering during whole life, like Ivan already met in his 2,5 years. But long road is still in front of us to get full recover – we are ready to come it through.
“Ukrainian clinics have no technical possibility to do such complex operation, so we need 150-250K EUR for Israel or European or US clinic. The final decision will be made considering amount we able to find. Perhaps my family is able to get ~60% of that by selling the flat where parents leave and some other goods, but we still require external help.”
He’s got $100 from me.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Two floppy disk drives play the Imperial March - 2011
- Incredibly depressing Mega Millions Lottery simulator - 2010
- Wiretap charges dropped against motorcyclist who videotaped cop - 2010
- SUPERDAD: Moving and infuriating memoir of fatherhood and crack - 2010
- Tahoe-LAFS: A private filesystem for the clouds - 2010
- Occult historian Mitch Horowitz's new book Occult America - 2009
- Wal-Mart shutting down DRM server, nuking your music collection - 2008