It was simply a case of the right bulbs going out at the wrong time. But passers-by couldn’t be blamed for thinking a smirking prankster, or something much darker, was responsible when they looked up at the neon sign for Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, N.Y., which then displayed the ominous phrase “I’m hurt.”
When The New York Times showed Elmhurst spokesman Dario Centorcelli a photo of what a missing E and S had wrought, he seemed surprised. “Oh, God, are we going to get this fixed?” he wondered.
We can only hope the hospital stays more on top of the situation when patients come in hurt and in need of fixing.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Mortal Kombat Cosplay - 2011
- Top Gear Jeremy Drives a Reliant Robin - 2010
- The Dark Knight on its way to become the most pirated movie of 2008 - 2008
- Linux "Game System of Tomorrow" Ships in Two Weeks - 2008
- Linus Torvalds’ old company Transmeta acquired - 2008
- Boston College Will Stop Offering New Students E-Mail Accounts - 2008
- HOWTO: make mp3 files smaller - 2007
- XSS Cheat Sheet - 2007
- You're Not Attractive - 2007