I remember it just like it was yesterday. The rumor in 1986 that went around the school yard and passed from kid to kid during the summer. The rumor was said to get an infinite amount of lives in Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Very few could master it, and whoever could pull off the feet was king for the day. Nintendo really kept New Super Mario Bros. Wii old school by using one of the most classic cheats (skills?) in the Mario Bros. franchise. The guys over at GT found the same trick in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii to get 99 lives, the only difference is that the lives are numerical who as in the NES version you got weird symbols to represent your lives
After watching the video above, check out the same exact trick done 23 years ago, in this YouTube clip of somebody doing this in the original Super Mario Bros.
Related Posts: On this day...
- The hidden beauty of the bottom of toy cars - 2012
- Horse head masks back in stock at Amazon - 2011
- Pittsburgh winning at sports again - 2011
- Flier beats TSA video recording charge in court - 2011
- 25 Things My Father Taught Me - 2009
- Facebook. Serious business. - 2009
- Linux Kernel 2.6.24 Released - 2008
- Google to kill Domain Tasting - 2008