My company made the same announcement this year. I think it’s the “thing to do” this year…
The sluggish economy is starting to drag on the donations to charities and other nonprofits that rely heavily on corporate giving to meet their budgets.
Some companies get creative in their philanthropy, Briggs said. Software developer Red Hat, for example, plans to forgo its holiday parties and use the savings to buy 800,000 meals for the needy.
[phpbay]redhat linux, 5, “”, “”[/phpbay]
Related Posts: On this day...
- Cops Ask Congress for Your Text Messages - 2012
- DB Cooper case "solved" - 2011
- Ron Paul Makes Special Request Of Wikileaks - 2010
- WikiLeaks' Swiss host says no to French and US government pressure - 2010
- Why yes, of COURSE, I've read it - 2009
- Holiday Gift Guide: Nonfiction Books - 2008
- Attackers target unpatched QuickTime flaw that affects Windows & Macs - 2007