The Lamond’s rules are good advice for sons, as well as anyone else, really. I wish my wife would remember the rule, “Never under any circumstances ask a woman if she is pregnant,” which she has broken several times with embarrassing consequences.
More of Lamond’s rules:
After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
If you trip in public, don’t blame the sidewalk. Pick yourself up and pretend nothing happened.
Your best chance of being a rockstar is learning the bass.
Thank the bus driver
Don’t gloat. A good friend will do it for you.
A few of the rules on his blog I don’t recommend (e.g., “All drinking challenges must be accepted”) but most of his rules offer specific tips for living a life of kindness, politeness, and preparedness.
Related Posts: On this day...
- HOWTO: Upset your intelligent significant other without even trying - 2011
- Christopher Nolan reveals title of third Batman film and that "it won’t be the Riddler" - 2010
- Nintendo's Homebrew-Blocking Update Hacked - 2008
- HOWTO: Add a Linux server to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Domain - 2008
- New Totem BBC plugin - 2008