The FBI says it has made an arrest in an Oregon bank robbery after the suspect posted a claim of responsibility on Facebook.
Spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele says Ryan Homsley was arrested Friday. She says investigators filed a complaint Wednesday in federal court, charging Homsley with Tuesday’s robbery at a Key Bank branch in suburban Tualatin.
Steele says Homsley has been a hospital patient since Thursday and would be scheduled for a court appearance upon his release.
A posting on Homsley’s Facebook page said “im doing this to pay for my medical expenses. … live for today!” His brother has said Homsley has a serious drug problem and is a diabetic.
He was dubbed the “Where’s Waldo” bandit, based on his appearance in surveillance photos.
Related Posts: On this day...
- This is how hacking actually works - 2011
- Window Shopping in Brussels, Belgium - 2010
- Emergency Bra Hits the Market - 2010
- HOWTO: Wake your girlfriend up - 2009
- Newly Declassified Files Detail Massive FBI Data-Mining Project - 2009
- Iron Is Google Chrome for the "Tinfoil Hat" Crowd - 2008
- Computer Holy Wars - 2008
- GNOME 2.24 Released! - 2008