Mistaking a loaded gun for a video game controller, a 3-year-old in Tennessee accidentally shot and killed herself, officials said.
Cheyenne’s mother told police officers that the child was used to playing a shooting game with the Nintendo Wii video game console and likely confused the real gun with the realistic-looking black toy gun, the sheriff said.
“The unfortunate thing is that this Nintendo game called Wii had what looks like a solid black, basically automatic-looking type mechanism that operates the game,” he said. “Unfortunately, the stepdad also had a .380 caliber black Smith & Wesson. The child was used to playing the video game.
Related Posts: On this day...
- New Shel Silverstein book scheduled for September - 2011
- Social Network Users Could Be A Click Away From Infection, Researchers Say - 2011
- Tron: Legacy Five-Disc Combo - 2011
- Single black women have a median wealth of $5 - 2010
- The difference between Macs and PCs - 2010
- Economists call for patent and copyright abolition - 2009
- Secret message hidden in Lincoln's pocket watch - 2009
- Chinese hackers break iTunes gift card algorithm - 2009
- Secure file deletion: A single overwrite will do it - 2009
- Lawmaker's Attempt to Criminalize Anonymous Posting Doomed - 2008