I’m no cartographer, so I can’t comment on its accuracy… but this alternative visualization of the size of the African continent compared to various world nations is thought-provoking. No, Africa’s not a country, but it’s interesting to compare the land mass to countries perceived as more powerful.
A pity the creator of this image doesn’t list what projection he used, because without knowing that, we don’t know what hidden distortions are in his map. You can download a high resolution version below:
Related Posts: On this day...
- A Duet with Siri - 2011
- WD TV Live Plus 1080p HD Media Player for $100 shipped - 2010
- Beware the "friending" feds: Is the US government snooping on your Facebook profile? - 2010
- Firefox to Microsoft: GTFO - 2009
- New State Laws Could Make Encryption Widespread - 2008
- I don't understand the modeling industry - 2007