tircd is an ircd proxy for talking to the Twitter API. It should work with any standard IRC client. After running the Perl script, you authenticate to the IRC server using your Twitter username as your /nick. Join the room #twitter and the /topic will be set to your last update. Any message you type will update Twitter and the room’s topic. All of the people you are following show up in the room as users and post messages as they tweet. If you private message one of them, it will become a direct message on Twitter. Other commands work too: /whois to get a person’s bio, /invite to start following, and /kick to unfollow. The project is brand new and will be added new features in the future like Search API support.
Follow @tircd for updates
Related Posts: On this day...
- Avicii - Super Mario World Levels - 2012
- Intel's Chase Film - 2011
- HOWTO: Avoid online tracking (Hint: you can't) - 2011
- The tale of /b/ and LUKEYWES1234 - 2010
- Netflix Is Losing New Release Rentals - 2010
- Twitter Cracker Says Admin Password Was "Happiness" - 2009
- Become a virtual Texas Deputy - 2009
- Paypal's Anti-Fraud Authentication Token - 2009
- iTunes: All songs DRM-free (but keeping DRM for audiobooks & video) - 2009
- 4chan strikes again with push to make symbol top Google search - 2009