Washington drug agents have illegally seized signed petitions for marijuana legalization, according to organizers of ballot initiative I-1068.
Marijuana advocacy group Sensible Washington says it has learned that a dozen signed copies of the marijuana legalization initiative for Washington State of which it is the sponsor, were seized last week by the federally-funded WestNET drug task force.
Advocates say that the drug agents who seized the petitions are interfering with a constitutionally-protected legislative procedure.
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Doomsday church: Still open for business - 2011
- Vice speaker of Ukrainian Parliament "throttles" deputy - 2011
- Tea Party - 2010
- Adobe has issued a DMCA removal request for rtmpdump - 2009
- Another reason NOT to use Paypal - 2009
- Have a router? The FCC claims the right to enter your home without a warrant at any time in order to inspect it - 2009
- Yamaha wearable motorcycle concept will likely remain just that - 2008