The Weather Channel will no longer have a “smooth jazz” soundtrack behind its “Local On the 8s” segments. Instead, they will play rock. Fortunately, you can still turn down the TV volume and crank your CD of “The Weather Channel Presents Smooth Jazz,” which actually hit #1 on the Billboard’s Current Contemporary Jazz Album Chart. From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
“I think we’ve been doing an injustice to our viewers playing, for the lack of a better word, elevator music on the segments for all these years,” said Geoffrey Darby, the cable network’s new executive vice president of programming, Thursday.
“People would have it on but they wouldn’t be watching and they wouldn’t be listening,” said Darby, who pushed for the change after joining the network in February. “We wanted music that would get their attention —- and this has.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Casey Anthony is/was hot - 2011
- Official "This website seized by feds" graphic - 2010
- World Cup trophy replica made of cocaine seized in Colombia - 2010
- 4chan prank means Justin Bieber must tour North Korea - 2010
- 4chan has field day with YouTube injection flaw - 2010
- YouTube Uploads Doubled to 2GB, HD Embeds, and Linking Added - 2009
- Tim O'Reilly: Kindle needs to embrace standards or die - 2009
- Facebook Advertising Coupons - 2008