In this 47-minute video, Paul Grignon lays out the workings of the fractional reserve system, explaining how banks are able to create money and then collect interest on it. He’s highly critical of the system (which I have a hard time getting my head around), and he makes a good case for the idea that the deck is stacked against everyone except bankers.
Related Posts: On this day...
- StickNFind - Bluetooth powered ultra small location stickers - 2012
- Anonymous: Message to the American People - 2011
- Paypal bans Wikileaks just before midnight Friday - 2010
- Comcast/NBC: Every media mega-merger needs a cautionary infographic - 2009
- Flash 10 and WordPress File Upload Linux Problems - 2008
- Firefox users targeted by rare piece of malware - 2008
- I made this, you play this, we are enemies... the weirdest game I've ever played - 2008
- Firefox Pirates Take Over Amazon... Kinda - 2008
- YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT: On the issue of Iraq - 2007
- Explosive Impact - Cyber Bullies & Hackers - 2007