This crappy-looking replica of the World Cup trophy is actually made from cocaine. Police found it at Colombia’s Bogotà airport in a box addressed to Madrid. From The Guardian:
A replica World Cup trophy made out of cocaine has been seized at Bogotà airport in Colombia.
The airport’s anti-drug chief, Colonel José Piedrahita, said the statue had been found inside a carton destined for Madrid during a routine check of a mail warehouse on Friday; standing 36cm (14in) high, it was painted gold with green stripes on the base.
Piedrahita said a lab test confirmed the cup was made of 11kg (24lb) of powder, which would have been mixed with acetone or petrol to make it into a paste that could be moulded. The cocaine would be worth up to £1m on the street.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Casey Anthony is/was hot - 2011
- Official "This website seized by feds" graphic - 2010
- 4chan prank means Justin Bieber must tour North Korea - 2010
- 4chan has field day with YouTube injection flaw - 2010
- YouTube Uploads Doubled to 2GB, HD Embeds, and Linking Added - 2009
- Weather Channel: No more smooth jazz - 2009
- Tim O'Reilly: Kindle needs to embrace standards or die - 2009
- Facebook Advertising Coupons - 2008