A New York City-funded guidebook for heroin users (.PDF) is offering information on how to prepare drugs carefully and how to care for veins to avoid infection.
DEA Special Agent-In-Charge John Gilbride says the handout is “very disturbing.”
The 16-page pamphlet features helpful tips for dopeheads like: “Warm your body (jump up and down) to show your veins,” and “find your vein before you try to inject.”
Other tips include: “Only ‘boot’ once or twice in one shot.”
The city’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene printed about 70,000 copies of the handout.
A health official says the goal is to promote health and save lives.
Assistant Commissioner Daliah Heller says instructions on how to perform injections were included because there is “a less harmful way to inject.”
The illustrated guidebook also offers information on HIV testing and warnings on the dangers of sharing needles.
Related Posts: On this day...
- B.o.B - Play The Guitar featuring Andre 3000 - 2012
- Guy sitting on top of Burj Khalifa - 2011
- Gerber Crucial Tool for $28 shipped - 2010
- James Cameron's Pocohontas... errrr... Avatar - 2010
- "Come Back With a Warrant" doormat - 2010
- Ron Paul on Invading the Gaza Gulag - 2009
- Time for another Fear Drill! - 2008
- Top 10 Secure Coding Practices - 2008
- CNN hides Ron Paul's results - 2008