In this video, 365 layers of foundation, eye-makeup, lipliner, and blush are applied in successive layers to a model’s face, until she looks like a drippy, gooey blob…
Cheeky directors Lernert & Sander embrace the urge for cosmetic overkill in their surreal short Natural Beauty. Makeup artist Ferry van der Nat and his assistant Vanessa Chan helped to execute the vision, slathering a host of Ellis Faas products on Belgian beauty Hannelore Knuts, who was recently named the new face of Swiss fashion house Akris. Lernert & Sander began collaborating in 2006; since then they’ve done everything from melt a chocolate bunny with a hairdryer to repurpose household appliances as sex toys in the name of video art. We asked the co-conspirators to break down the shoot in detail.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Siri vs Google Search (Jelly Bean) - 2012
- The Pirate Party: We will host The Pirate Bay inside the Swedish parliament - 2010
- Inmate Sneaks Camera Inside Prison, Films For 6 Months. HBO To Air Footage As Documentary - 2010
- Germany to Porsche: No bailout for you! - 2009
- Ron Paul Wins Support to Audit Fed Reserve - 2009
- New Linux patch could circumvent Microsoft FAT patents - 2009
- Eee Monitor shots reveal Linux-based iMac rival - 2008
- C'mon CNN... - 2008