In what appears to be a beauty pageant held at a prison in Russia, scores of women gather around a makeshift runway in the courtyard as their fellow inmates strut their stuff. I don’t read Russian, but the photographs alone tell a great story…
There’s a very good short documentary called “La Corona” that covers the same sort of beauty pageant in Bogota, Colombia. It was nominated for the 2007 Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject. I think it’s only available in the US through HBO.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Watch a man do donuts... In his living room - 2011
- Who does Google know that you know? - 2010
- The Last Musketeer: whimsical, dreamlike, and delightful comic - 2010
- Former SF City sysadmin gets 4 year sentence for refusing to hand over passwords - 2010
- Saudi Arabia and RIM reach BlackBerry deal - 2010
- Drilling robot to explore mysterious tunnels in Great Pyramid - 2010
- Sharpie liquid pencil - 2010
- Kid Solves Rubik's Cube, While Playing Guitar Hero... on Expert - 2009
- This is why you shouldn't allow your boss to be your Facebook friend - 2009
- Free parking costs a fortune - 2009