They just can’t get into the 21st century, can they? ugh.
Metallica will make a special appearance at Rasputin Records in Mountain View, California, to mark the official celebration of all independent record stores. With the collapse of Tower Records and the many other chains, this is an attempt by the metal gods to recognize and support the independent stores.
400 Wristbands will be issued for the event and the store will open at 10 a.m. on April 19th. On the band’s official site, Metallica.com, the band said: “Come down and say ‘Hi,’ bring stuff for us to sign, and in the spirit of supporting your local independent record store maybe you’ll do a little shopping while you’re there.”
Metallica, one of the vocal opponents of Napster in its legal woes in the 1990s, is currently working on a ninth studio album, which is due for release in September.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Spying on Apache and PHP with Strace - 2011
- 19th Century Manly Slang - 2010
- The Most Commonly Misused Words and Phrases - 2009
- HOWTO: Use iptables to Block Brute Force Attacks - 2009
- BMW designs ultimate PC gaming computer - 2009
- Only true /b/tards give each other tips on catching predators - 2009
- Tear of Grief: Who knew this existed? - 2009
- Microsoft Doubles Up On Security Features - 2008