NRK, the Norwegian public broadcaster, has had to pull its legal MP3 archive of all 212 Beatles songs. Turns out the agreement they had with the local rights society didn’t mean what they thought it meant.
Our new agreement with rights holder TONO gives us rights to publish radio and TV shows we aired a long time ago. But the agreement NRK has with rights holders IFPI and FONO only allows us to publish shows that has been aired the last four weeks. And since “Our daily Beatles” was aired in 2007, we have to pull it from the podcast (see below for details about the agreements).
Related Posts: On this day...
- Microsoft Patents "Avoid Ghetto" Feature For GPS Devices - 2012
- The Price of Everything - 2011
- 4Chan delivers "Youtube Porn Day," and its still early in the day - 2010
- Tsutomu Yamaguchi: Luckiest guy ever - 2010
- HOWTO: Get a free medium pizza at Papa Johns - 2009
- Defendants in Music-Industry Lawsuit Ask for Trial to Be Broadcast Online - 2009
- Why are gun sales soaring? - 2009
- Fake brands mall opens in China - 2009
- Please Do Not Do This - 2008
- Attack of the Clones - 2008