Check out the new US Government official takedown graphic– the thing you’ll see when a filesharing site (or some similar site which has run afoul of the law) is yanked. The example here can also be seen on tvshack.net, one of nine websites recently seized by the feds over pirated movies. The warrants for those takedowns were issued in Manhattan federal court, hence the reference to New York state. Reuters snip:
Kevin Suh, vice president of content protection for the Motion Picture Association of America, a Hollywood trade group, called the action, “Operation In Our Sites”, the “largest takedown of illegal movie and television websites in a single action by the federal government.”
I kind of want this graphic on a t-shirt.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Casey Anthony is/was hot - 2011
- World Cup trophy replica made of cocaine seized in Colombia - 2010
- 4chan prank means Justin Bieber must tour North Korea - 2010
- 4chan has field day with YouTube injection flaw - 2010
- YouTube Uploads Doubled to 2GB, HD Embeds, and Linking Added - 2009
- Weather Channel: No more smooth jazz - 2009
- Tim O'Reilly: Kindle needs to embrace standards or die - 2009
- Facebook Advertising Coupons - 2008