PandaLabs has identified a botnet running a malware campaign impersonating president-elect Obama’s website. The front page of the site features a sensational story titled “Barack Obama has refused to be a president”. Clicking the link will download the malware and make the target’s machine part of the botnet. They’re using fast-flux to assign the malicious domains to the massive number of compromised nodes that are hosting the actual site. The team has contacted the domain name registrar in China to get the domains removed. Using a sensational headline is not new to malware; it’s how the Storm Worm got its name.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Megaupload Founder Kim Schmitz Cars Seized by FBI - 2012
- Car key fob technology hacked - 2011
- Man paddles his canoe through a flooded McDonalds - 2011
- Hitler finds out Scott Brown won Massachusetts Senate seat - 2010
- Windows hole discovered after 17 years... Affects 3.1 through to Windows 7 - 2010
- New Orleans cops use ancient "unnatural copulation" law to turn prostitutes into sex-offenders - 2010
- The facts behind Microsoft's anti-Linux campaign - 2009
- Why Is There A Stockpile Of Half A Million Government Coffins In Georgia? - 2009
- Mario etched eeepc - 2009
- HOWTO: E-file your federal taxes for FREE - 2008