Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee blasted the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday as outdated, nearly corrupt and unrepresentative of the conservative movement.
Huckabee, a 2008 Republican presidential contender and potential 2012 candidate who had spoken at the conference for years, said the reason he blew it off this year was that the meeting has become dominated by libertarian activists.
“CPAC has becoming increasingly more libertarian and less Republican over the last years, one of the reasons I didn’t go this year,” Huckabee said in an interview with Fox News, where he is a paid analyst and has his own show.
He was responding to a question about whether he was upset by his single-digit showing in the conference’s straw poll, which was won by libertarian-leaning Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).
Hey Mike, conservatives everywhere are blasting Republican party as outdated, completely corrupt and unrepresentative of the conservative movement.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Watson formats itself - 2011
- Three Kenyan men steal meat from 15 lions like a BOSS! - 2011
- Whoops! Why Everyone Owes Everyone and No One Can Pay: A funny and well-written economics book - 2010
- Prison Break: Greek Style - 2009
- XFS Filesystem: It's worth the wait - 2009
- RAID Write Back vs Write Through - 2009