Read this on a Ron Paul Freedom Forum… Interesting information none-the-less.
PennDOT has been going forward with Real ID. $20 million has already been spent implementing 11 of 17 benchmarks. Pennsylvanians who have recently gone to get their licenses renewed have been issued temporary cards while extensive background checks are conducted.Two bills are currently pending in the PA General Assembly to block Real ID in the state. We have been gaining ground for the last 6 months, but we are still short of the 2/3 majority needed to override a veto and assure Real ID’s demise in PA.
On Thursday, March 13, The House Intergovernmental Affairs Committee plans public hearings on Real ID in PA. Restore The Republic, NVCCA, and our local meetup Ron Paul Revolution Pittsburgh Area Freedom Activists will be sponsoring an anti-Real ID rally and press conference at these hearings. WE THE PEOPLE must show up in huge numbers and make our opposition to Real ID clear.
For more information about Real ID, its status and PA, and this event, please watch this video that I have made:
Spread a link to this video to everyone you know. A win in PA only encourages other states to do the same.
Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 10:00 AM
William Pitt Union Ballroom (University of Pittsburgh)
3959 5th Avenue
Pittsburgh , PA 15213 (Oakland)
Related Posts: On this day...
- Mariana Davalos: Maxim March 2011 - 2011
- Anonymous to release BofA dox - 2011
- TRON: The Next Day - Flynn Lives Revealed - 2011
- Iraqi Tron - 2011
- Teacher Writes "Loser" on Student's Paper - 2010
- Netflix Cancels $1 Million Contest, Settles Privacy Lawsuit - 2010
- HOWTO: Create a bootable self-playing video disc - 2009
- No User Action Required In Newly Discovered PDF Attack - 2009
- Hosted malware allows n00bs to hack along with the l33t - 2009
- Twitter Business Model Found - 2009