Hey I’m just excited that They actually reported the outcome of the straw poll.
Ron Paul has ended Mitt Romney’s three-year run as conservatives’ favorite for president, taking 31 percent of the vote in the Conservative Political Action Conference’s annual straw poll.
Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.
Romney, former Massachusetts governor and also a 2008 GOP candidate, has won the last three presidential straw polls at the annual conference. This year, he came in second, with 22 percent.
Sarah Palin, who didn’t attend the conference, was a distant third in the straw poll, with 7 percent, followed by Tim Pawlenty, the Minnesota governor, and Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana.
Related Posts: On this day...
- What Watson might do after crushing humankind on Jeopardy - 2011
- What does Libyan revolution mean for bit.ly? - 2011
- Olympic bullying drives goggle manufacturer to verse - 2010
- Epic Beard Man, THE GAME! - 2010
- A list of pornstars and their real names... - 2010
- HOWTO: Monitor your Facebook profile in Linux - 2009
- The Hofmeister Kink: A Lasting BMW Design Detail - 2009
- Stanford Waives Tuition for Middle-Class Students - 2008
- Google Ventures Into Health Records Business - 2008