A Russian judge has ruled that the Russian Pirate Party has to rename itself, citing a law that prohibits naming a party after criminal acts. The party is now debating what new name it will use for ballots. Options include “Unnamed Party” and “Pira7e Party” and “Pirrate Party.”
I would like to conclude with stating that our principles, ideas and our website remain unchanged. I ask the public, journalists and all reasonable people to continue calling us “Pirate Party of Russia”
Related Posts: On this day...
- "Ready Player One" and "The Freedom Maze" win the Prometheus Award for best novel - 2012
- A lust letter to NYC's indie burlesque scene photos - 2010
- Notes on the upcoming monster-sized authorized Heinlein biography - 2010
- Riot police raid 30th barbecue because man used Facebook to invite his friends - 2009
- Chinese restaurant called "TRANSLATE SERVER ERROR" - 2008