Above is the United States Air Force’s blog assessment chart, developed by its Emerging Technologies Division.
The “rules of engagement” are quite good. You might find them to be useful for your own blogs, whether personal or corporate.
WebInkNow recently covered the Air Force’s approach to social media, which is far more involved than many companies who only pay lip service to the idea. They’ve assigned someone the role of “Chief of Emerging Technology”, whose job is to develop strategy, policy and plans for the Air Force’s “communicators” and whose mission is to use or build web applications as a means of engaging Airmen and the general public in conversation. The goal is to make every single Airman a communicator.
The Air Force has quite a presence on the web, which includes:
PDF version of the chart here.
Related Posts: On this day...
- How to Crack a Wi Fi Network's WPA Password with Reaver - 2012
- Zombies vs Supermodels - 2011
- About 10 people a day, lose a finger in table saw accidents - 2010
- Electric Bath Ducky "One use only" - 2009
- Windows 7 Beta - 2009
- If you didn't know, the United States Postal Service had a very successful competitor. - 2008
- Super-delegates explained: How the nomination could still be in doubt after all the primaries, and why your vote matters less than you think - 2008
- Linux Package Management 101 - 2008
- Money Management Finance Website Buxfer Lets You Store Sensitive Data On Your Own Computer - 2008