Ifixit and Wired got together to do a teardown of an FBI tracking gadget: “The device was loaned to us by a person who found the device on their car, and is similar to the one Yasir Afifi recently found underneath his own vehicle. The hand-assembled device is comprised of a GPS unit for receiving the car’s position, an RF transmitter for relaying your location to the interested authority (aka the FBI), and a set of sweet d-cell lithium batteries that power the whole enchilada. But we didn’t stop there, of course.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Coupon Fraud Grows - 2010
- MPAA to teachers: Don't rip DVDs... just record your television with a camcorder - 2009
- San Francisco Muni begins to enforce imaginary "no photos" policy - 2009
- Amazon unveils the big screened Kindle DX - 2009
- It's Now Completely Impossible To Sell A Laptop On Ebay - 2008
- isoHunt tells judge it's just another search engine - 2008