According to this Associated Press story, the tinfoil beanie hat crowd was right all along:
In an anonymous industrial park in Virginia, in an unassuming brick building, the CIA is following tweets — up to 5 million a day. At the agency’s Open Source Center, a team known affectionately as the ‘vengeful librarians’ also pores over Facebook, newspapers, TV news channels, local radio stations, Internet chat rooms — anything overseas that anyone can access and contribute to openly.
Related Posts: On this day...
- PLCB Wants Four Loko Pulled Off Store Shelves - 2010
- Knipex Pliers Wrenches - 2010
- Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series on Blu-ray for $32 shipped - 2009
- "Get High Now" author interviewed on Expanding Mind podcast - 2009
- The history of the IMG tag - 2009
- Slow linux startup? Bootchart reveals all - 2008
- Barack Obama plans $1 trillion tax hike - 2008
- The Seven Deadliest Social Networking Hacks - 2008
- Download gOS, the operating system of Wal-Mart's $199 PC - 2007