In an essay and handy infographic, DeObfuscate lays out the inverse relationship between Facebook’s growing market share and the erosion of user privacy.
Words of wisdom tweeted by Tim Spalding over the weekend:
Why do free social networks tilt inevitably toward user exploitation? Because you’re not their customer, you’re their product.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Bin Laden had cash and phone numbers sewn into clothes - 2011
- Finally, a short but informative video explaining the Deepwater Horizon oil spill - 2010
- NEW deadmau5 - Some Chords - 2010
- Novell and Red Hat defeat Linux patent lawsuit - 2010
- Lebron James named 2009 NBA MVP - 2009
- Returning MySpace To Relevance - 2009
- "I never said she stole my money" has 7 different meanings depending on the stressed word - 2009
- Linux Reaches 1% Usage Share - 2009
- Btrfs Is Not Yet the Filesystem Performance King - 2009
- Good Morning, Megan Fox - 2009