LinkedIn have rolled out a new line of advertisements in which their customers’ faces are used to advertise their sponsors’ products. Helpfully, LinkedIn have decided to opt all their users into this. Here’s a guide to keeping yourself from being an unpaid shill by opting out again.
1. Click on your name on your LinkedIn homepage (upper right corner). On the drop-down menu, select “Settings”.2. From the “Settings” page, select “Account*”.
3. In the column next to “Account”, click “Manage Social Advertising” .
4. De-select the box next to “LinkedIn may use my name, photo in social advertising” .
Related Posts: On this day...
- Google buying UAV drones for Street View spying? - 2010
- Cars hacked through wireless tire sensors - 2010
- N00b boyfriend meets L33t parents - 2009
- Two convicted for refusal to decrypt data - 2009
- Gramps getting his porn-on in the Mac store - 2009
- Death by Caffeine - 2008
- Inside the network ops at DefCon 16 - 2008
- Federal Judge in DefCon Case Equates Speech with Hacking - 2008