“Through IP (Internet Protocol) sniffing, you have an idea about where those printers are so naturally it allows you to kind of already target your offers,” Nigro said.Ads can also be targeted based on a user’s behavior as well as the content, said Vyomesh Joshi, head of the HP’s Imaging and Printing Group. The pilot with Yahoo is in its early stages, however, and Joshi said the program has to be done with privacy in mind.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Dirty, Drunk, and Punk: the untold history of Toronto's BUNCHOFFUCKINGGOOFS - 2011
- AT&T iPad hack discoverer arrested - 2010
- Empathy will replace Pidgin and Ekiga in Ubuntu Karmic - 2009
- Philly activists: "Let's pass out flyers questioning the need for surveillance cameras." Result: warrantless search. Police chief: "you're a hate group." - 2008
- Wine 1.0 is now available - 2008
- Just A Reminder. Today is Firefox 3 Download Day. - 2008