The NZ couple who took off after a bank error dropped NZ$10,000,000 in their account have been finked out by a relative’s Facebook update, which tipped off authorities that they’re in China.
But their chances of being caught have increased after they were joined overseas by Ms Young’s sister, Aroha Hurring, who posted details about their location on her Facebook page.Police believe the trio are in China after Ms Hurring foolishly updated her status to say she was drinking the local Asian beer and enjoying the heat.
Her mother Sue Hurring, who runs a hairdressing salon in Blenheim, has been helping police with their inquiries.
“Well, you’ve got to have a laugh,” she said. “It is bizarre.
“She’s never pinched a thing in her life. Probably as a little girl, yes, but so honest.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Impossible physics: Why My Little Pony can't really fly - 2011
- Facebook search hax! - 2010
- "Hackers" say NO LATINOS on highway sign - 2010
- Amityville Horror home for sale - 2010
- BP: The solution will not be televised - 2010
- Fedora 9 Puts Your Desktop on a USB Drive - 2008
- Vulnerability in Debian OpenSSL could allow attackers to decrypt "secure" Web sessions - 2008