Another decent Real ID article I found.
If states do not comply to the Real ID act, or file paperwork for extension for compliance, then passengers will not be able to use there state issued ID for purposes of flying. Any state that continues to fight the Real ID act will find its citizens unable to fly with their state issues ID after May 1 of this year.
Think you have nothing to be concerned about? These states have actively passed legislation rejecting the Real ID act. These states include Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington.
I’m sure the airlines, which is a PRIVATE industry, btw, will be thrilled to hear that the government is going to cut into their customer base in the name of national security.
But remember guys, this is for your safety.
Related Posts: On this day...
- DUI Checkpoint Refusal - 2012
- Hanna movie trailer 2011 - 2011
- Anon posts pic of himself doing drugs at work to 4chan. Another anon examines EXIF meta-data which contains GPS coords that point to White House - 2010
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog - 2010
- Microsoft plays with Photoshop some more - 2010
- Transparent OLED screen - 2010
- The Princess Bride DVD ambigram - 2009
- Top 11 compounds found in US drinking water - 2009
- Real ID is postponed for 5 years - 2008
- The 2007 Darwin Award Winners - 2008