The printed March 2008 version of Wired issue has a handy hint for how to break up on Facebook without sending a news blast to your friends list about it.
To change your relationship status without the press release, go to Facebook’s privacy options, deselect “Remove My Relationship Status” then, in your profile settings, change “In a Relationship” back to its default setting “Select Status”.
Voila, now you won’t be broadcasting the news of your recent split to the world. The article points out that your ex’s Mini Feed will still display an update in *their* relationship status, so you can’t get away scot free. They’ll need to delete it themselves. Oh well.
Related Posts: On this day...
- A new Super Mario Bros film at SXSW - 2011
- Property Outlaws: important scholarly book on how breaking property law improves it - 2010
- 2010 Census more expensive than all others combined - 2010
- Why mercury is forbidden aboard airplanes - 2009
- 5 lbs of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein for $34 shipped - 2009
- Ron Paul Meets Sacha Baron Cohen - 2009
- Putin Pretending To Be Tourist During Reagan's 1988 Visit To Moscow - 2009
- Google Begins Behavioral Targeting Ad Program - 2009
- Police Chief: "I want them to be afraid every time they see the police that they might get arrested" - 2009
- Family Guy Wins Court Battle Citing Fair Use of Disney's "Wish Upon a Star" - 2009