Now-a-days the Internet has become a home to spam. Literally millions of spam bots crawl the web daily, to find email addresses and then bombard them with spam emails thus destroying their efficiency and creating problems for users/admins. The easiest solution to this problem is to get a temporary or disposable e-mail inbox which automatically expires after a certain time period. Admins, you should suggest this to any of your users that receive consistent spam.
Benefits of Temporary/Disposable Mailbox
There are many advantages of having a temporary or disposable mailbox on the web, but here are a few bullets:
- Protect you from V1GAR@ P3N1S (READ: spam) mails…
- Protect your real mailbox from exploits, spoofs, and hoaxes…
- Many require no signup and/or registration…
- Most automatically expire after a certain time period.
Top 25 Temporary Mailbox services Below is a list of what we’ve found to be the best temporary/disposable email services. They all provide you give you a temporary email inbox which is totally spam free and most require no registration or sign-up:
- Mailinator is one of the best and top rated disposable email services that gives you a temporary mailbox in the Mailinator.com format (e.g., email@example.com). This is my personal fav.
- MintEmail is a new kid on the block. Elegant interface and gives you a four hour temporary, realistic MintEmail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email.BugMeNot.com is an instant, you-make-up-the-account format (e.g., email@example.com) temporary email service from the guys that brought us BugMeNot. Kudos to these privacy defenders!
- MyTrashMail is another good temporary mail service that gives you a mailbox in the TrashyMail.com format (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and also gives you secure temporary mailbox if you sign-up.
- Spaml is an automatic disposable email solution where you don’t have to click. All AJAX. When you visit this site the random generated email address is automatically saved to your clipboard. All you have to do is “paste” in where ever an email address is requested (forms, forums etc) and when you get the email it will show up instantly.
- MailExpire stands out in the crowd by giving you the option to have a temporary inbox ranging from 12 hours expiry to as long as 3 months.
- TemporaryInbox is yet another simple and easy to use temporary email service that gives you an email address in several different email formats.
- MailEater gives you a free temporary email inbox in the MailEater.com format (e.g., something@MailEater.com)
- SpamGourmet The granddaddy of them all. Protect yourself from spam in three easy steps.
- Jetable not only allows you to set the life span of your temporary email inbox but also allows you to forward the mails in your temporary inbox to your real email address. This is useful at work.
- SpamBox gives you a temporary email address in the SpamBox.com format (e.g., email@example.com) and also allows you to set the lifespan of your inbox.
- GuerillaMail lets you generate a temporary email which expires in a time of 15 minutes and also tell you how to offer a temporary email service on your site. You can extend the 15 minutes as necessary.
- SpamHole provides you a 2 hour long temporary email inbox at the SpamHole.com address format (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 10MinuteMail generates an easy 10 minute email inbox for your temporary email needs.
- DontReg is one “bigger, better, faster, and safer” temporary email inbox solution.
- TempoMail is one new temporary email inbox services that give you spam-free mailbox.
- TempEmail aims to give you a fast, anonymous yet secure temporary email inbox.
- PookMail is a multi-language temporary email inbox service that gives an email address in the PookMail.com format (e.g., email@example.com)
- SpamFree24 is a new multi-domain temporary email inbox service which is growing rapidly.
- KasMail requires registration. Allows up to 25 aliases, can set aliases to expire after a certain amount of time.
- SpamMotel requires registration. Provides mail forwarding, mail can be accessed through desktop e-mail clients, can reply to e-mail from your real e-mail address using SpamMotel.com email (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GreenSloth requires no registration, receive-only, email expires automatically after a week.
- AnonInbox requires no registration, simple, no frills.
- Dodgeit requires no registration, no frills… Simple dodgit.com email addresses (yes, there is no “E” in the temp email address).
- Spam.la is a fast disposable email service which requires no registration, no frills. You can see all spam being sent to all Spam.la accounts, or just your own. Clever.
Please leave your favorites (and any we omitted) in the comments section.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Mariana Davalos: Maxim March 2011 - 2011
- Anonymous to release BofA dox - 2011
- TRON: The Next Day - Flynn Lives Revealed - 2011
- Iraqi Tron - 2011
- Teacher Writes "Loser" on Student's Paper - 2010
- Netflix Cancels $1 Million Contest, Settles Privacy Lawsuit - 2010
- HOWTO: Create a bootable self-playing video disc - 2009
- No User Action Required In Newly Discovered PDF Attack - 2009
- Hosted malware allows n00bs to hack along with the l33t - 2009
- Twitter Business Model Found - 2009