“Since Gmail added oAuth support in March 2010, an increasing number of startups are asking for a perpetual, silent window into your inbox.
I’m concerned oAuth, while hugely convenient for both developers and users, may be paving the way for an inevitable privacy meltdown.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Verizon releases BlackBerry OS 6 - 2011
- Neil deGrasse is a badass! - 2011
- Panopticlick: EFF's tool for telling you how unique your browser profile is - 2010
- New Law Will Require Camera Phones to "Click" - 2009
- With Cheney gone, Google Maps gains sky view of VP's home - 2009
- Linux Kernel eCryptfs vulnerability - 2009
- AlterNet: The End of Privacy - 2008