Some weeks ago, NRK – Norwegian Braodcasting – signed a deal with music rights holder organisation TONO in Norway. The new deal gives NRK right to publish podcasts of all previously broadcasted radio- and tv-programs that contains less then 70% music.
One result of this deal, is that we now can publish “Vår daglige Beatles” (“Our Daily Beatles” in English) as a podcast.
In this series from 2001, journalists Finn Tokvam og Bård Ose tells the story of every single Beatles tracks ever made, chronologically. Each episode contains a 3 minute story about each track (sadly for our international visitors – in Norwegian) and the actual Beatles tune.
This is – as far as we know – the first time you can download the Beatles’ music legally. Neither iTunes nor Amazon have The Beatles in their music stores.
The first episodes are already in the podcast, available from this RSS-feed.
At the time of writing, 14 episodes are in the feed. All 212 will be there by the end of January!
Preventive comment: Use the podcast. The songs are a part of as an opportunity to learn Norwegian and something about Beatles
[phpbay]The Beatles, 5, “”, “”[/phpbay]
Related Posts: On this day...
- D.Veloped - Work:Party mashup - 2012
- Asus loads shotgun with tablets large and small - 2011
- Brilliant scheme by Delta... I think students of economics will appreciate this - 2011
- Windows 7 "GodMode" - 2010
- New airport scanners break kiddie-porn laws - 2010
- Celebrity Twitter Accounts Hacked - 2009
- Ron Paul Supporters Stage Internet Coup - 2009
- JournalSpace Wiped Out - 2009
- Linux phone to Debut upgrade at CES - 2008
- The Most Hated Company In the PC Industry - 2008