BOWLING GREEN, KY – Rand Paul, Bowling Green Eye Surgeon and son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, today announces he is officially in the race for the US Senate representing Kentucky. Dr. Paul will now transition his exploratory committee to a full election committee.
Dr. Paul has been respectful of incumbent Senator Bunning’s courage in opposing the bank bailout. Dr. Paul waited for Senator Bunning’s difficult decision not to run for re-election before entering the race.
“I think the main thing that motivates me to run for office is the debt fueled by Washington’s out of control spending. I think we’re drowning in a sea of debt, as a country. The deficit this year will be 13% of the GNP. This is a historic high. The danger is going to be inflation within a year or two, and prices may rise rapidly.”
Dr. Paul’s commitment to fiscal responsibility is nothing new. For the past fifteen years, Dr. Paul has been the chairman of the Kentucky Taxpayers United, a group that monitors and rates the State Legislature on spending issues.
Rand Paul’s entry into this race will nationalize the Kentucky US Senate campaign. This can be witnessed by his television and radio appearances scheduled in New York City on August 6th and 7th — finally giving hope of representation to liberty-minded and fiscally conservative Kentuckians.
Rand Paul’s official campaign website is randpaul2010.com.
Related Posts: On this day...
- A. Samuels "Livin De Life" - 2011
- HOWTO: Create a shell script to monitor load average on a Linux server - 2010
- GQ: Woman claims to have been kidnapped by Rand Paul and forced to take bong hits - 2010
- RIM BlackPad tablet priced at $499 when it ships in November? - 2010
- What the Hotness of Your Waitress Says About the Economy - 2009
- PayPal adds fees without bothering to tell anyone - 2009
- Shuttleworth Offers Canonical Employees to Debian - 2009
- If you suspect TERRORISM, carry a notepad with you - 2008
- Microsoft hires a hot ad agency in an effort to improve its image - 2008