Earlier today, Ron Paul filed an international UDRP complaint against RonPaul.com and RonPaul.org with WIPO, a global governing body that is an agency of the United Nations. The complaint calls on the agency to expropriate the two domain names from his supporters without compensation and hand them over to Ron Paul.
On May 1st, 2008 we launched a grassroots website at RonPaul.com that became one of the most popular resources dedicated exclusively to Ron Paul and his ideas. Like thousands of fellow Ron Paul supporters, we put our lives on hold and invested 5 years of hard work into Ron Paul, RonPaul.com and Ron Paul 2012. Looking back, we are very happy with what we were able to achieve with unlimited enthusiasm and limited financial resources…
…At the same time we offered him RonPaul.org as a free gift so we could keep using RonPaul.com and he wouldn’t have to use something like RonPaulsHomePage.com.
Incredibly, Ron Paul’s lawyers are trying to use our FREE offer of RonPaul.org against us in an attempt to demonstrate “bad faith” on our part!
Of course, they also offered to sell him the .com domain and their mailing list for $250k.
Related Posts: On this day...
- John Wayne Gacy had a helper? - 2012
- Google bets $20K that Chrome can't be hacked - 2011
- Fedora Rawhide Quickly Switching To Fedora 14 - 2010
- Mozilla retracts malware accusation against Firefox Addon - 2010
- Russian botnet tries to kill rival botnet - 2010
- MIME sniffing in Internet Explorer enables cross-site scripting attacks - 2009
- HOWTO: Write a Linux virus in five easy steps - 2009
- Local root exploit in kernels 2.6.17 to 188.8.131.52 - 2008
- NBC's Heroes not returning until fall - 2008
- Netflix picks Blu-ray, good luck renting an HD-DVD soon - 2008