The whole thing baffles me… What’s the benefit of electronic voting machines? It’s convenience, and speed of tabulation. We (at least our media) are obsessed with having results the night of the election and having it over with. All so that the news networks can donate an entire day to watching the results come in and announce it that night American Idol style. But what’s the point? You have months before someone has to be sworn in. We should focus on security and reliability, instead of speed. Paper does fine.
Of course now I’m talking as if Diebold wants an honest election.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Why poor people support tax breaks for the rich? - 2011
- Is the www dead? - 2010
- I want my life back... - 2009
- SQL Injection used to steal 130,000,000 credit card numbers at Heartland - 2009
- Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series on Blu-ray for $38 - 2009
- The Big Lebowski 10th Anniversary Edition DVD for $5 - 2009
- Scientists Show DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated - 2009
- If websites were people - 2009
- Daft Punk to score Tron sequel - 2009
- Olympic logo cops enforce stupid rules with masking tape - 2008