British man killed wife over “single” Facebook status
LONDON (AFP) – A British man who murdered his wife after becoming enraged when she changed her relationship status on Facebook to “single” was jailed for at least 18 years late Thursday.
Edward Richardson, 41, stabbed wife Sarah, 26, to death in a “frenzied and brutal” attack at her parents’ home in Biddulph, central England, last May after she altered her profile on the Internet social networking site.
The couple had been living apart since the previous month, said Fiona Cortese, a spokeswoman for the Crown Prosecution Service, which is responsible for prosecuting cases in England and Wales.
“Richardson became enraged when Sarah changed her marital status on Facebook to single and decided to go and see her as she was not responding to his (text) messages,” Cortese said.
Related Posts: On this day...
- The hidden beauty of the bottom of toy cars - 2012
- Horse head masks back in stock at Amazon - 2011
- Pittsburgh winning at sports again - 2011
- Flier beats TSA video recording charge in court - 2011
- New Super Mario Bros Wii - 99 Lives Trick - 2010
- 25 Things My Father Taught Me - 2009
- Linux Kernel 2.6.24 Released - 2008
- Google to kill Domain Tasting - 2008