This is another example of a corporation wanting rights that the AU citizens don’t even have.
Facebook wants access to Australia’s sex offender registers to help it keep pedophiles and sex predators off its social networking site.
And Victorian Police Minister Bob Cameron says he is happy to discuss the idea, sending departmental officials to meet Facebook.
“I have asked my department to meet online social networking representatives to ensure that this issue is addressed,” he said.
Related Posts: On this day...
- "Why We Should All Root for the Miami Heat" - 2012
- WiFi-sniffing picture frame - 2011
- BP Blocking Media Access? - 2010
- Conservatives are largest porn consumers - 2010
- Hope and Change! - 2010
- Ron Paul on Government Regulation Of Tobacco - 2009
- False cocaine scares - 2009
- Marian Hossa fail - 2009
- British hacker faces extradition hearing - 2008
- RIAA wants the Internet shut down - 2008