Oh no, Facebook’s hosting another event? The invite to this new shindig is adorned with some pretty obvious visual hints at mail and messaging, which (along with a few well placed sources) has led the industry to speculate that Zuckerberg and crew are about to unveil their Project Titan email client. Rumored to have been in the works since at least February, this “full-fledged” webmail service… complete with @facebook.com personal addresses… is reportedly referred to as a “Gmail killer” internally. We struggle to imagine anything dragging us away from Google’s versatile mail offering, but competition’s never a bad thing, even if it comes from another company that has more information about us than it should.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Tesla coil hat: "a really bad idea" - 2011
- Now you don't even have to be flying to be "scanned" by x-rays - 2010
- Subversive anti-cancer cross-stitch kits - 2009
- TSA bans snowglobes. TSA, meet Archimedes. - 2009
- HOWTO: Create a backup ISO image of your important data - 2008
- Think of Megapixels in Terms of Cupcakes - 2008
- Amarok 2 Beta 2 - 2008
- Legal Hacks - 2008
- List Of Drivers On Your Machine - 2007