Air travelers will eventually be able to keep their shoes on to pass through security, but the restrictions on carrying liquids on board are likely to remain in place for some time, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a POLITICO Playbook breakfast Tuesday.
“We are moving towards an intelligence and risk-based approach to how we screen,” Napolitano told Mike Allen during a morning forum at the Newseum. “I think one of the first things you will see over time is the ability to keep your shoes on. One of the last things you will [see] is the reduction or limitation on liquids.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- The Student Loan Scheme - 2010
- Pittsburgh Council gets an earful on G-20 protesting rules - 2009
- How to Recover Your Firefox Master Password - 2009
- The best explanation for how the internet works I've ever seen - 2009
- Comcast's moral obligation: If you cap it, at least help us count it - 2008
- This Post Not Made In Google Chrome - 2008