Here are a couple of accounts of commercial airline pilots, one of whom has been put on the TSA’s no-fly list and the other is on the terrorist watch-list, for reasons that no one will disclose.
A Gulf War veteran and his wife say they’ve been unfairly placed on a federal list that limits their commercial flight access and threatens his job as a commercial pilot. To fight back, the couple, who are Muslim, filed a lawsuit today against a host of U.S. government agencies. “We don’t know why they’re on the list. They don’t know why they’re on the list. The government won’t tell us why they’re on the list,” said Amy Foerster, an attorney with Saul Ewing, who is providing pro bono counsel and working with the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania and the Schuylkill County couple on the case, which was filed in U.S. district court…James Robinson is a retired Air National Guard brigadier general and a commercial pilot for a major airline who flies passenger planes around the country. James Robinson is a retired brigadier general and a commercial pilot. His name is on the terrorist “watch list.”
He has even been certified by the Transportation Security Administration to carry a weapon into the cockpit as part of the government’s defense program should a terrorist try to commandeer a plane.
But there’s one problem: James Robinson, the pilot, has difficulty even getting to his plane because his name is on the government’s terrorist “watch list.”
Robinson is one of many James Robinsons on the list, including a 5-year-old. Good news, though — all you need to do to avoid the secondary screening is fly under your initials, rather than name. Better hope the terrorists never figure that out. Ho ho ho TSA.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE price cut to $0.01 on Amazon - 2012
- BART police officers website hacked, database released - 2011
- TSA digs through woman's purse and flips out over $8,000 worth of checks - 2010
- INEBRIATION: Inception Parody - 2010
- Rand Paul Money Bomb TODAY! - 2009
- Yahoo Answers makes me fear for the future of the human race - 2009
- DEFCON 16 â€“ The Tools - 2008
- Londoner videos his bullshit anti-terror stop-and-search - 2008
- EFF clobbers Boston transit's gag order on MIT students' research - 2008
- TSA Inspector Damages 9 Planes At O'Hare Airport - 2008