Windows only: Freeware application bitRipper provides no-hassle, one-click conversions from DVDs straight to AVI video files. Until recently a commercial program, bitRipper handles the decryption and encoding of the DVD video in one fell swoop, emphasizing a very simple one-click process (though you can set more advanced options if you like). The on-the-fly encryption and encoding means bitRipper also works very quickly. The downside: bitRipper does not support filetypes other than AVI, which means you’ll want to stick with HandBrake when you’re ready to rip a DVD for your iPod. If you give it a try, let’s hear how you like it in the comments.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Buy your own Al Qaeda-approved OFFICIAL terrorist watch - 2011
- Hacker Typer produces code from keybashing - 2011
- Craigslist Projected To Earn $36 Million This Year From Adult Ads - 2010
- XKCD on HDTV - 2010
- Google Street View logs WiFi networks and MAC addresses - 2010
- A new Looney Tunes cartoon series is set to premiere in 2011 - 2010
- Oracle says they are committed to keeping Java open and to not killing MySQL - 2009
- HOWTO: Fill a Used Print Cartridge with Invisible Ink - 2008