The CIA has launched a taskforce to assess the impact of 250,000 leaked US diplomatic cables. Its name? WikiLeaks Task Force, or WTF for short.
The group will be charged with scouring the released documents to survey damage caused by the disclosures. One of the most embarrassing revelations was that the US state department had drawn up a list of information it would like on key UN figures – it later emerged the CIA had asked for the information.
“Officially, the panel is called the WikiLeaks Task Force. But at CIA headquarters, it’s mainly known by its all-too-apt acronym: WTF,” the Washington Post reported.
Related Posts: On this day...
- 60beat GamePad controller plugs into iOS sound jack - 2011
- BlackBerry data service issues being reported by users - 2009
- Prisoner excapes prison, creates Facebook account - 2009
- How to Teach Physics to Your Dog: explaining quantum physics through discussions with a German shepherd - 2009
- Stay classy Philadelphia - 2009
- Google Streetview gets mooned - 2009
- Google Hands Out "Dogfood" as Christmas Bonus - 2008
- The guy who set up alternate email for White House dies in plane crash - 2008
- To go through the doors of an airport is to enter a strange world where the laws of economics do not apply... - 2007